Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And the Word of the Day is: VOMIT!

Yesterday morning, Josh woke up with a cough and a runny nose.  He acted like himself, so I didn't think much of it--really just thinking it was a cold that would pass.  Well, last night, after his bath, he was still acting normal, but he threw up all over the couch.  Scot was downstairs with Tim and Josh while I was putting Daniel down.  That quickly changed because Scot had to work, so I put Daniel in the swing and took Josh upstairs where he threw up again (this time in a bowl).

Of course, this had to happen after he ate a HUGE dinner....right?!  Not like there's any "good time" for vomiting, but right after a big meal--that has to be the worst.

With Scot having to work, I was so worried that I would need to be in two places at once--feeding Daniel while holding Josh's head over the toilet.  Luckily, that didn't happen, but Josh was awake for a good hour and a half begging for something to drink.  I slowly gave him some soda and he held that down all night.  This morning, he woke up bright and bushy tailed!  He continued to pour SEVERAL bowls of Lucky Charms in which he only ate the marshmellows.  He no longer has a fever, but still has a runny nose...poor guy.  Now, I just hope/pray that Tim, Daniel, Scot, and I steer clear of this nasty bug!

Another thing:  Kids always get sick right after a big, family event....we just had my adorable nephew, Brendan's 1st birthday party.  I'm so worried that Josh will have passed the bug on to Brendan or one of the other guests.  :-(
Here is Grandmom (my Mother-in-Law), Kelli (my Sister-in-Law), me, and Daniel


I try to start dinners in the middle of the day (using the crockpot) to make my life easier in the evening hours.  For today, I bought some pork tenderloins and browned them on all sides.  While they were browning, I put some BBQ sauce and water in a crock pot.  Then, I added the browned tenderloins and turned the crock pot on Low!  Come 5/6 p.m., our pulled pork BBQ sammys will be ready!  YUM!

Pork Tenderloins

                                                                                                                                                                   

Brown in Pan

Add to Crock Pot!


Needless to say, Josh didn't attend school today.  So...we've been working on our own September Pre School projects.


We did the Five Senses, how to stay healthy--lots of coloring and pasting




I would Say Josh is just about back to normal :-)

And, finally...here's Daniel!  I even caught him mid-roll!







No comments:

Post a Comment