Saturday, October 13, 2012

A "Berry" Good Update :-)

The Berry family has been very busy this fall.  With Scot tying up loose ends with the business as he closes that down and me trying to get into the swing of being a working mom again, we have been SWAMPED!  I am enjoying my new teaching position at TJ High School.  One of my students said, "Mrs. Berry--you're always so happy.  It always seems like you're in the mood to teach."  She's right! 

In April, I became a consultant for a new business called Jamberry (Yes, I'm Jen Berry with Jamberry nails--it's too perfect).  I've been building my team (We are up to 10!!!) and I've been scheduling nail parties (online, catalog, and in-home) to try to compensate for the loss of income.  I recently started ANOTHER consulting adventure with 31 Gifts.  Please--if you know anyone who would be interested in ordering either of these products, please pass my info on.  www.jenniferberry.jamberrynails.net or www.mythirtyone.com/jberry

With that being said, here's an update from the Berry Boys:

Scot is staying busy closing up shop.  He's interested in getting work as a linesman, but may have to go to school for two years to do that.  We're excited for his new adventure and working on finding out information.  I will keep you updated!

Tim's Flowers
Tim's Turtle
Timmy is enjoying 2nd grade.  He has a male teacher and as always, Math and Art are his favorite classes.  He still struggles with reading, but he's been improving (although it's like pulling teeth.  Scot and I didn't think about this before we had kids.  Both he and I are Math people--NOT English...so it's only natural that our kids are beasts at Math and hate reading/English!).  Tim is enrolled in a Young Rembrandts Class where he gets an extra art lesson every Wednesday after school.  He's a pretty good artist (and he doesn't get that from me!)



Josh is enjoying Preschool.  He has the same two teachers he had last year and is even in the same room, so his transition has been very easy.  He has to make all new friends, though because his friends are in different classes!  I can't believe he's going to be in Kindergarten next year.






Danny is a very curious and busy 1 year old.  He has a set of lungs like you wouldn't believe (he gets that from me) and when he's unhappy or wants something, he's sure to tell you about it!  He is like is older brothers in that he can't sit still and he's getting his molars, so life has been a bit hectic/crazy for this little guy.  He's enjoying all the time he gets with Daddy and he's a big snuggle bug.  He recently started talking and loves saying "Ta Da," "bye, bye" "Go, go!" "diaper," and "please."  :-)



All-in-all, we can't complain too much.  We're enjoying the beginning of this new chapter as Scot changes occupations and as I continue my teaching that I'm insanely passionate about.  Updates will continue to come, but I may be slower than usual as I try to balance work and home.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment