Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Addendum

A couple of other interesting things happened yesterday that I forgot to share.  At the end of our dental appointment, the boys had to use the restroom.  One of the difficult things about having boys when they get to this age is the important question, "Do I take them in the restroom with me, or allow them to use the boys restroom."  Timmy is 9 and the answer is obvious--boys room.  Josh is 6 and because his older brother is using the boys room, he doesn't want to use the girls room.  He's also at that age where he understands gender difference and feels like he needs to be with the boys.  Danny is 3 and while the obvious choice is he should go with mommy....do you really think he wanted to go with mommy?  HA!  So....I allowed ALL THREE boys into the boys room (we had to have a key so I felt comfortable knowing that my boys would be the only ones in there).  All three boys used the potty--Timmy helped Danny (he's an amazing, awesome, tremendous big brother) and I couldn't have been more proud.  We've graduated from having a major poopsplosion last year to using the big boy potty this year.  AND--a plus was that I got to use the bathroom ALONE!

Our final stop yesterday was to the animal shelter because Clyde had been missing about two weeks.  I called them and left a message, but hadn't gotten a response so I figured it would be best to drop in.  Sure enough, Clyde was there!  They told me that when a pet is lost, we need to go in every 3-5 days.  I explained that with three children, this is the best I can do.  That being said, ever since Kitten was lost and turned into the shelter, I've tried to keep the cats inside.  With three young children, that's nearly impossible to do.  We have lots of neighborhood friends that come in and play and our house is constantly buzzing with activity--kids going in and out and in and out.  There are LOTS of cats in our neighborhood that go outside even though the HOA stated that cats are not allowed outside (weird since they're animals and have every right to be outside).....and two of my cats have been turned into the animal shelter even though they're taken care of, fed, loved, etc.  Clyde and Kitten have both been chipped and I'll bring Bonnie in August to get a chip placed in hers so this won't happen again!

Whew--what a day.  Looking forward to seeing Grandmom today and hopefully hearing some good news.  Love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment