Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Life's Too Short...

This has been a difficult month for many people.  A friend of mine lost her father suddenly, a local family in Myersville lost two of their daughters in a house fire, one of my friends had a miscarriage, and a very dear friend's brother is in the hospital in a coma from a horrible skiing accident.

Moments like these remind me of my reasoning for wanting to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom.  Life is too short.  You need to cherish every moment you have with your family and your little ones because it can be taken from you in an instant.

That being said, we are embarking on the busiest time of year for musicians.  As the Arts and Communications Academy puts finishing touches on Sweeney Todd, we are having massive evening rehearsals.  We just started the audition process for the TJ Musical, Young Frankenstein.  The ACA (Arts and Communcations Academy) will also have three weekends of auditions (basically college auditions---in which students have applied to the academy and must audition for acceptance....or denial for our Music Magnet).  While I love my job, I am torn with all of these tragic events and the realization that I am missing precious moments with my beautiful family.

Some really amazing opportunities have been presented in my professional world.  Our Academy has currently been asked to pilot a new technological program (very fun, exciting, and NEW!).  I have also been asked to be interviewed by my alma mater, Elon University.  They are putting together a video and have asked about a dozen people to be included.  I am SO honored to be given this amazing opportunity!  Honored and humbled!

My point is that even with my recent blog posts just complaining about why people do things the way they do...I've been humbled because life is too short.  Let people do things THEIR way--it's THEIR life.  I will continue to do things my way--my good, ole' practical self.  But please--don't complain about the petty things in life.  Life's too short.  <3

***Special prayers the the above mentioned friends that are dealing with incredibly difficult hardships.  I love you all and think about you and pray for you daily***

***Also, please know that I am praying for those that keep their hardships to themselves.  I, too, do this, but please know that I feel your pain and I love you and pray for you as well.***

No comments:

Post a Comment